Principal Highway Engineer
- Conrad Consulting Ltd.
- England, Kent, Ashford
- £50000 - £55000 per annum
- Closing date
- 5 Apr 2023
- Highways & transport jobs
- Highways Engineer
- Contract Type
- Full Time
We have an exciting opportunity for a Principal Highways Engineer to join an award winning multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy who pride themselves on providing innovative engineering solutions on a wide range of complex projects.
The successful Principal Highways Engineer will join the growing team in our clients Ashford office on a full time, permanent basis where you will work alongside some of the best engineers the industry has to offer on a wide portfolio of major highway projects across the UK.
- Promoting a health, safety and welfare culture,
- Working within a team environment,
- Mentoring and coaching more junior team members,
- Supporting directors with achieving budget and strategy targets,
- Developing new business,
- Project management and technical delivery of highway schemes and infrastructure projects.
- A Civil Engineering or equivalent degree (MEng preferred),
- A Chartered Engineer,
- A proven record of successful tendering and delivery of schemes in either the local or national transport market,
- Proven working knowledge of the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges (DMRB) and Manual of Contract Documents for Highway Works (MCDHW),
- Experience of managing a professional team on projects using NEC Contracts,
- Organisational skills to coordinate the delivery activities of a professional team,
- A clear understanding of the importance of robust business processes and systems and a strong commitment to quality,
- Strong communication and influencing skills,
- Experience of working on major highways projects would be desirable,
- Autocad, MicroDrainage and Civil 3D software desirable.
On offer for the Principal Highways Engineer:
- A competitive salary,
- Generous company pension contributions,
- Group income protection,
- Life assurance,
- Private medical insurance,
- Flexible working hours,
- Flexible annual leave allowance,
- Eye care vouchers
- Employee Assistance programme,
- A family friendly employer.
If you would like to know more about this fantastic opportunity, please send an up to date CV to Graham Ventham to be considered.
Conrad Consulting are a specialist recruitment company that is responsible for supplying high quality personnel at all levels to civil and structural organisations throughout the nation on both a permanent and contract basis.
Call us on
0203 159 5387
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert