Associate Structural Design Engineer
- Conrad Consulting Ltd.
- England, Buckinghamshire, Milton Keynes
- £60000 - £65000 per annum
- Closing date
- 7 Apr 2023
- Structural engineering jobs
- Structural Engineer
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Are you an ambitious Senior / Associate Structural Engineer who is ready to take your career to the next level? Are your skills and experience being recognised in your current role?
Drive your career forward by joining my client's multi-discipline team at their busy Milton Keynes design office. With an enviable and growing client list, as well as scale and diversity of projects, my client can provide the opportunity not only to showcase your talents, but to truly develop your career as an Associate Structural Design Engineer.
Projects are regularly in excess of multi million pounds, and you will grasp the opportunity to add to their technical capability by joining a dynamic team working across several sectors including but not limited to Environmental, Industrial and Commercial buildings.
Your new role will involve nurturing long lasting client relationships with a focus on high quality service delivery. Effective and clear communication skills are therefore essential.
- Assist Associate Director / Director in management of structural engineering team,
- Independent management of projects / project team,
- Financial responsibility for your own projects,
- Preparation of fee quotations / Invoicing,
- Management of staff and other consultants,
- Further develop the team of engineers and technicians,
- Working in collaboration with senior stakeholders and clients,
- Site visits and undertake structural surveys, investigation and repair schemes for structures from fires to foundation issues.
Requirements of the Senior/Principal Structural Engineer:
- Relevant degree in Civil or Structural Engineering,
- Ideally Chartered with ICE or ISructE,
- A Minimum of 5 years' experience within a UK-based consultancy,
- Experienced in the design of foundations, masonry, concrete including detailing, steel and timber structures to eurocodes,
- Experienced in the residential market including traditional construction as well as framed structures,
- Show market commercial awareness with knowledge in financial management of projects, development of clients and ability to assist in the project appointment process,
- Ideally experienced in structural investigations of low-rise residential properties, medium rise residential and commercial markets,
- Familiar with Tekla software (Tekla designer and Tedds) and ideally with Autocad/Revit,
- Show strong leadership skills to establish authority and influence both internally and externally to the company,
- Demonstrate previous Management experience would be advantageous,
- The ability to make decisions,
- Be motivated with initiative and comfortable with autonomy with an appetite to drive innovation.
The successful Associate Structural Engineer will be rewarded with a competitive salary, generous benefits package and a position within a growing office with plenty of scope for progression & promotion.
For further information regarding this great opportunity please send an updated CV to Graham Ventham.
Conrad Consulting are a specialist recruitment company that is responsible for supplying high quality personnel at all levels to civil and structural organisations throughout the nation on both a permanent and contract basis.
Call us on
0203 159 5387
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert