Senior Geotechnical Engineer
- Conrad Consulting Ltd.
- England, Bristol
- £45000 - £50000 per annum
- Closing date
- 12 Apr 2023
- Environmental engineering jobs
- Geotechnical Engineer
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Are you ready to for the opportunity of a lifetime? Conrad Consulting are pleased to be working with an established multi-disciplined engineering company with multiple offices in England and Wales. They offer a broad range of engineering specialisms to allow for them to provide a complete in-house solution for their clients, no matter the size or complexity of the project.
This position is ideal for an ambitious and passionate Geotechnical Engineer looking to take that next step in their career.
- A minimum of 6 years post graduate experience within the ground engineering sector
- The ability to manage and check work being undertaken by less experienced staff
- A proficiency in the preparation of Preliminary Sources Studies (desk studies)
- A thorough understanding of geological, geomorphological, and geo-environmental processes
- Ability to scope well considered intrusive investigations
- Well-developed ground modelling skills
- The ability to present work pictorially, both in plan and section using GIS and CAD
- An ability to liaise effectively with specialist contractors, clients, regulators, and other stakeholders
- Good knowledge of soil and rock mechanics, and groundwater control
- Good knowledge of earthworks and ground improvement techniques
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- At least 4 years' experience in the preparation of interpretive ground engineering reports
- Experience in the design of foundations (ULS and SLS)
- Experience in the use of specialist analytical geotechnical software (slope stability, settlement, soil strengthening, anchoring etc)
Please contact Athena Hanson-Aherne on 01728 726123 to discuss this fantastic position in more detail. Alternatively, to fast-track your application, please send an up-to-date CV and relevant work experience
Conrad Consulting are a specialist recruitment company that is responsible for supplying high quality personnel at all levels to civil and structural organisations throughout the nation on both a permanent and contract basis.
Call us on
0203 159 5387
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert