Our client is a specialist structural repair contractor that provides Local Authorities and Housing Associations across the UK with a complete structural repair service,. They pride themselves on delivering specialist and innovative structural repair schemes for the repair of housing, bridges and other masonry or concrete structures.
They have a fantastic opportunity for a talented and experienced Structural Engineer to join their Projects team as a Technical Manager on a full time, permanent basis. The successful candidate will be responsible for the diagnosis of structural defects in buildings and the design of repair schemes to be delivered by their in-house team.
- Site surveys,
- Reviewing and advising on surveyor's findings and reports,
- Writing of reports, and investigation and repair specifications,
- Preparation of calculations,
- Preparation of CAD drawings,
- Visits to sites across England & Wales as required to view prospective and live jobs and meet with clients,
- Assistance with the design, development and testing of existing and new strengthening and repair products, including the company LPS offering.
- Preparation of design risk assessments and advising on Building Regulations and standards.
- A degree in civil or structural engineering,
- Chartered or near-Chartered status (IStructE or ICE),
- A wide range of experience in structural repairs to housing and bridges,
- Fully competent in the preparation of diagnostic reports and the design of structural repair schemes
- A high level of experience in the use of CAD software
- A valid UK driving licence.
On offer for the Technical Manager:
- A highly competitive salary,
- Nest workplace pension scheme,
- Agile working, role can be home based with a visit to the office once a week,
- Mobile phone, laptop, printer and software, consumables and stationery provided,
- Use of pool car with fuel card for site visits.
If you think this role sounds ideal for you and you would like to find out more about our client and this role, please apply & forward an up to date CV to Graham Ventham for more details.