Who are we?
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to our 15 million customers by supplying 2.6 billion litres of water through 32,000 km of pipes, keeping taps flowing and toilets flushing.
At Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to life, so our business is always open.
This role will be offering full-time and part-time hours
What you’ll be doing
- Ensuring that Contractors and Consultants delivering projects for Thames Water comply with our Scope objectives, Asset standards, Legislation, and expectations for design, following our delivery process model ensuring compliance with Construction Design Management Regulations and Health, Safety, and Welfare.
- Oversee the development of several projects to meet defined needs with best-value solutions at various Sewage Treatment Works within the Thames Valley.
- Analyse and mitigate project Risks to reduce Programme and Project delivery Costs.
- Provide Technical Assurance for projects during the Delivery, Commissioning, and handover of Assets
We’re looking for you to
- Hold an Engineering HNC or alternatively a degree or a master’s degree in a specific Engineering discipline, which ideally will be Civil or Mechanical
- Hold a background in developing technical project solutions
- Understanding the principles of project delivery in process industries
- Understanding of Health & Safety in the Construction industry
- Understanding the decision of industrial processes in their Engineering discipline
What’s in it for you?
The team is at the heart of the delivery process taking projects from initial design right through to construction and commissioning. In the role, you will work with a wide range of people from across all of Thames Water and our contractors.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with the length of service, and a wider benefits scheme.
We’re also proud to embrace and promote diversity and believe that creating a workforce that reflects the communities we serve will help us to thrive. We encourage applications from everyone and offer extra support for those who need it throughout the recruitment process.
Find out more about working at Thames Water.
We deliver life's essential service to our customers, communities, and the environment can thrive. This means, that when a crisis happens, we all rally around to support our customers. As part of Team Thames, you’ll have the opportunity to sign up to support our customers on the frontline as an ambassador. Full training will be given for what is undoubtedly an incredibly rewarding experience. It’s also a great opportunity to learn more about our business, meet colleagues, and earn some extra money along the way.
Disclaimer: due to the high volume of applications we receive, we may close a vacancy earlier than the advertised date. This is so we can manage all the applications properly and give candidates a positive experience. Once closed, we can’t consider any further applications, so please submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.