Who are we?
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to our 15 million customers by supplying 2.6 billion litres of water through 32,000 km of pipes, keeping taps flowing and toilets flushing.
At Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to life, so our business is always open.
This role will be offering full-time and part-time hours
What you’ll be doing
Working under the direction of the Principal Engineers, the role will be part of the intelligent client Thames Water needs to be able to achieve its goals for the present and the future
- Act as the Lead Design Engineer responsible for the design of Water Network Projects in accordance with project delivery procedures
- Take a lead role in the planning and delivery of design activities
- Work with the team to achieve the time and cost targets
- Act as the key contact for the role of Contract Design Management Designer or Principal Designer
- Be competent in risk management, including risk identification, mitigation, and control.
- Provide Technical Assurance during the delivery, commissioning, and handover of Assets
- Capable of working on several projects and managing the works awarded to external consultants
What you should bring to the role
- Be educated to degree level or equivalent in an engineering discipline and with professional chartership
- Have an excellent background in design and technical assurance of Civil Engineering projects. Candidates having a background in the water networks is helpful
- Be focussed on supporting and implementing continuous improvement
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, to interact with our stakeholders
- Be confident in managing project teams and have accountability for project delivery
What’s in it for you?
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our engineering team within Thames Water’s Capital Delivery business area and help to shape a portfolio of challenging projects. Working within an encouraging and collaborative team that lives our values every day, you’ll be in a prime position to make a difference to the business and our customers.
We’re proud of the positive ways of working we’ve adopted during the pandemic, creating a more flexible and dynamic environment so all our colleagues can thrive. For our office-based roles, we’re moving to a hybrid approach with various options for working from the home, office and our sites.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with the length of service and a wider benefits scheme including our benefits hub, which is packed full of offers and information to save you money and support your well-being.
Thames Water is a dynamic, rewarding and diverse place to work, with opportunities around every corner. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy a fulfilling career and flexible working arrangements
We’re also proud to embrace and promote diversity and believe that creating a workforce that reflects the communities we serve will help us to thrive. We encourage applications from everyone and offer extra support for those who need it throughout the recruitment process.
Find out more about working at Thames Water
We deliver life's essential service so our customers, communities and the environment can thrive. This means, when a crisis happens, we all rally round to support our customers. As part of Team Thames, you’ll have the opportunity to sign up to support our customers on the frontline as an Ambassador. Full training will be given for what is undoubtedly an incredibly rewarding experience. It’s also a great opportunity to learn more about our business, meet colleagues and a earn bit of extra money along the way.
Disclaimer: due to the high volume of applications we receive, we may close a vacancy earlier than the advertised date. This is so we can manage all the applications properly and give candidates a positive experience. Once closed, we can’t consider any further applications, so please submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.