Job Title: Principal Structural Engineer
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000 +7% Pension, 34 day annual leave
We are seeking a highly experienced Principal Structural Engineer to join our clients team based in Edinburgh although, you will be able to work from home after a short bedding period.
The ideal candidate will have substantial structural design experience in the UK, ideally within the Defence sector and be nearing Chartership.
This is a challenging yet rewarding opportunity to work on complex and high-profile projects for our client within the UK Defence sector and requires a proactive and driven individual.
The candidate will work on massive government contract for the Defence Infrastructure Organisation (DIO) and the Navy amongst others.
- Delivery of structural engineering projects to a high standard of quality within budget and on time.
- Undertake engineering design, analysis, and calculations to produce deliverables in accordance with recognised standards.
- Liaise with clients, architects, contractors, and other design team professionals to develop project designs.
- Conduct site visits, surveys, and inspections and produce reports.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to junior team members.
- Comply with health and safety legislation and company policies.
- Must have UK Defence experience.
- Nearing Chartership status.
- A degree in civil/ structural engineering.
- Strong technical capacity in structural engineering design.
- UK national with the ability to obtain security clearance.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proactive and self-driven with the ability to manage multiple projects.
This is an excellent opportunity for a driven and ambitious Principal Structural Engineer to join a highly reputable firm within the UK Defence sector.
We value diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunities to all candidates.
If you are passionate about structural engineering and looking for a challenging yet rewarding opportunity in Edinburgh, we encourage you to apply today.