To be successful in this Principal Geotechnical Engineer role, you'll have:
- Relevant experience, knowledge and skills of geotechnical engineering principals and practice including experience of planning and supervising ground investigations, undertaking geotechnical reporting, completing geotechnical design analysis and reports, and preparation of contract drawings, specifications and schedules in compliance with UK standards.
- Strong analytical skills and experience of earthworks and structures detailed design analysis and specification of engineering solutions
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload to ensure that timescales and budgets are met
- Good problem solving/contingency planning skills with ability to find quick, innovative and practical engineering solutions
- Ability to work collaboratively with others to form strong positive working relationships with colleagues, clients and contractors in a multi-disciplinary project environment therefore the ability to communicate in a fluent and positive manner and produce reports in clear English is essential.
- Be familiar with relevant software packages such as MS Office, AutoCAD and relevant geotechnical data management and analysis software.
- A clean driving license and be willing to travel to sites and offices within the UK when required
- Financial control, project management and contract management skills would be advantageous
In terms of qualifications for this Principal Geotechnical Engineer role, you'll have:
- BEng/MEng in Civil Engineering or BSc/MSc in Engineering Geology or Earth Science
- MSc in Geotechnical Engineering or a related applicable field is desirable.
- Chartered Engineer (IEng/CEng) or Geologist (CGeol) status is desirable
This Principal Geotechnical Engineer role has excellent benefits, get in touch to find out more!