Our client is looking for an ambitious intermediate civil engineer to join a design team of highly capable engineers on a permanent basis. However they do allow 3-4 days working from home a week.
Within your role as a Civil engineer, you are responsible for designing and modelling civil systems and will be expected to successfully manage and produce designs independently for simple projects and supervised for complex projects.
- Good level of civil design capability including underground drainage, levels, pavements and roads, utilities, earthworks and flooding.
- Good knowledge of design codes, standards and regulations. Ideally familiar with Eurocodes, British Standards and Building regulations.
- Experience engaging with and achieving approvals from Building Control, planning departments, agencies, statutory undertakers, and other relevant authorities.
- Experience with approval processes sewer connections and adaptations, and works in the public highway.
- A good understanding of BIM is required.
- Knowledge or Revit is beneficial but not necessary - willingness to learn Revit is essential.
- Proficiency in design and modelling software including AutoCAD, Civil 3D and MicroDrainage.
Other Skills Include:
- Enthusiasm to innovate the construction industry improving sustainability, health and safety and productivity, as well as genuine enthusiasm for engineering design and modelling.
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced collaborative environment.
- Highly effective problem solver who takes an organised and systematic approach to solving design problems.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment or independently with self-managed projects.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills in English.
- Able to lead engagements with stakeholders including local councils, Building Control, the Environment Agency and utility providers.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office suite programs.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to work with all levels of employees and management.
Relevant experience of working in either a design office or directly within the construction industry with exposure to a variety of project sizes, stages and industrious is required. The successful candidate must have a relevant Civil Engineering degree from a recognised institution (Master's preferred but not essential) and is currently progressing towards chartership with the Institution of Civil Engineers or an equivalent institution.
If you would like to know more, please forward an up to date CV to Graham Ventham or call 07973 510853 for more details and a confidential chat (07:00-20:00).