The Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE) is an international membership organisation that promotes and advances civil engineering around the world. ICE is a qualifying body, a centre for the exchange of specialist knowledge, and a provider of resources to encourage innovation and excellence in the profession worldwide.
The Role - Membership Development Officer North England (Northwest Based)
The Institution of Civil Engineers North England Membership area requires a Membership Development Officer (MDO) to work with other members of the North England Team to provide support, advice and training to potential and existing members and promote Civil Engineering qualification.
The post-holder will engage with organisations, Higher Education and Further Education providers and individuals to maximise their potential.
This role will have specific responsibilities within the Northwest but also responsibilities across the North area and therefore travel across North England will be required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Membership Support – providing advice and guidance to members and non-members
- Employer Support – providing advice and guidance to employers on professional development.
- Further Education and Higher Education establishments – advising FE and HE students on membership and careers available to gain relevant experience.
- Membership growth – undertaking activities to promote and grow membership mainly within the in the Northwest and North of England.
- Business development - developing and marketing activities to progress and support aspirant members for the different routes to membership and ensuring effective delivery across the Northwest and North of England.
- Oversee the operation of ICE Approved Employers and mentor supported programmes
- Working closely with the Membership Manager, existing MDOs, Membership Support Centre and Membership areas to ensure a consistency of approach.
- Ensuring that ICE membership records are up to date.
What we are looking for
- Educated to degree level or equivalent, experience in civil engineering, customer service, learning and development or a related subject is essential. A professionally qualified Civil Engineer (or a broad knowledge of Civil Engineering) would be desirable, though not essential.
- Previous business development experience would be advantageous.
- You will have previous exposure to liaising with a wide audience of people, along with the ability to engage and relate to senior members of the engineering and education professions. Ideally you should also be experienced in or have knowledge of engineering education, training and development.
- Attention to detail and the ability to turn technical material into non-technical outputs are essential, as is the ability to target and engage a diverse range of audiences.
- The ability to work alone and as part of a multi-functional team, while managing and planning a number of simultaneous tasks effectively is key to this role.
- The successful candidate will have excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to prepare and deliver presentations. You will also be capable of public facing interactions on an individual and group basis.
- Strong supporting ICT capabilities with knowledge and skills in Microsoft office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) are essential.
- There will be a need to work outside “normal office hours”, when necessary.
ICE Group benefits include
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Shutdown over Christmas period
- Annual £100 allowance towards your wellbeing
- Up to eight per cent of salary contributed to a personal pension scheme
- 24-hour employee support line
- Death in service benefit equivalent to one year’s salary
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Big Gym membership savings with the GymFlex scheme
Click 'Apply' to send your CV and cover letter answering the below two questions.
Why and how your experience equips you to carry out this role. (Max one side A4)
How you would approach the requirements of this role. (Max one side A4)
ICE Group is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.