Our client is one of the world's leading multi-disciplinary consultancy firms and has an excellent opportunity for a Civil Engineer to join their talented team. The role is non-location specific with the opportunity to work remotely or within their Chelmsford office.
They are looking for a practically minded Civil engineer looking to develop their skills in all markets and build experience in civil engineering structures, drainage design, utilities and pavement design
You will be providing multidisciplinary engineering services and integrated solutions across a wide range of building and infrastructure projects. The role will offer a challenging and rewarding opportunity to apply knowledge, experience and problem-solving skills whilst providing good opportunities for career development.
- Contributing to the delivery of small to medium infrastructure projects as part of a technically focussed design.
- Production of designs for projects in accordance with relevant design standards and codes.
- Ensuring the provision of efficient and high-quality engineering services.
- Effectively manage own time.
- Collaborating as part of a multidisciplinary design team.
- Comply with Quality and Technical Assurance Procedures.
- Be aware of and work in compliance with BIM standards, Digital Plan of Work and the project BIM Execution plan.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Experience working as a Civil Engineer ideally in the Buildings sector.
- Honours Degree in Civil Engineering (preferred) or HND or equivalent experience.
- Working towards chartership with the ICE.
- Experience in the design and analysis of drainage, utilities, paved and unpaved surfaces, earthworks, access and accessibility, construction logistics.
- Familiarity with current UK design standards and working practices.
- Good communication and presentation skills, verbal and written (for report writing purposes).
- Ability to use AutoCAD and Civils 3D. Revit BIM 360 experience is also desirable.
- Ability to work and collaborate both independently and as part of a multi-discipline team.
- Embrace new technologies including digital engineering, automation and parametric design.
- Ability to achieve SC clearance (desirable).
- Driving Licence (desirable).
- Have a proactive, co-operative and helpful attitude to colleagues and clients.
- Have a self-motivating, reliable and consistent approach to work.
- Be practically minded with a problem-solving nature.
- Be able to work independently and in teams.
- Have the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Take acceptance of responsibility for work carried out.
- Have a flexible and adaptable approach to work.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Have a flexible attitude to both the type of work undertaken and the level of responsibility given.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your up-to-date CV to Graham Ventham to be considered.