Conrad Consulting are delighted to have been given the opportunity to work with a thriving engineering consultancy based in Rochford, Kent. This long established practice have asked us to help them find a Senior Structural Engineer to join their small but emerging technical team on a full time, permanent basis.
Due to continued success and an influx of orders, our client is extremely busy which has led to a need for them to grow the team. They benefit from a very diverse client base which will see the Senior Structural Engineer working on a huge variety of interesting projects ranging from bespoke one-off houses to large new build blocks of flats, extensions, conversions, industrial sheds, schools, LA work, surveys, inspections and defect analysis. Insurance works and legal disputes would also be included.
Projects range from a few hundred pounds in value up to c.£10m.
- A degree in civil or structural engineering,
- A Chartered or near Chartered Engineer,
- Ability to design in all the main materials,
- Ability to produce good hand sketches and proficient in the use of Autocad,
- Experience of surveys / inspection and report writing e.g. subsidence, general defects, cracks, fire, flood, vehicle impacts, pre-purchase/acquisitions and retrospective building control (regularisations) would be ideal,
- A car is essential as, although office based, some travel to site within the SE of England is required.
On offer for the successful Senior Structural Engineer:
- Competitive salary,
- Company pension scheme,
- Professional subscription fees paid,
- Parking permit (if driving to the office).
The successful Senior Structural Engineer will join a small, friendly and relaxed, close-knit team.
If this is the role is of interest please send an up to date CV to Graham Ventham