Would you like to play a leading role within an award-winning UK multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy?
If so, then a fantastic opportunity has become available for an Associate Civil Engineer to join the skilled infrastructure team in our clients office which is situated in Central London. This is a firm who pride themselves on offering first-class civil design on a wide variety of projects both throughout the UK and internationally.
An associate Civil Engineer you will be responsible for the day to day management of your team and will ensure projects are delivered within the agreed budget and programme and to a high quality. This includes providing technical support and mentoring to staff, as well as communicating with the client, other consultants and colleagues to ensure a brief is agreed and adhered to in the delivery of projects whilst developing client relationships. The successful candidate will also be responsible for the implementation of the business goals and strategy in support of the directors.
- Management of a team to meet business objectives,
- Agree schedule of services and prepare fee proposals for projects,
- Monitor and coordinate the workload of team members to meet project deadlines and deliver the project within the agreed fee,
- Ensure technical design information including drawings, calculations, specifications and reports are delivered to a high technical standard and compliant with the agreed schedule of services,
- Review and approve reports or design, drawings, sketches and calculations in accordance with quality management procedures,
- Mentor and support members of the team,
- Carry out performance and career appraisals for team members,
- Liaise effectively with clients and other design team members,
- Monitor and maintain technical and financial control of projects,
- Prepare bids and proposals,
- Monitor the work of the team with regards to existing working practices, methods and procedures, and personally adhere to the practices.
- A degree in civil or structural engineer,
- Experienced in leading and managing teams,
- Experienced in delegating and supervising work of team members,
- Experienced in acting as mentor to junior team members,
- Excellent understanding of engineering principles,
- Experienced in the application of design software and aware of its limitations,
- Excellent interpersonal skills,
- Excellent communication skills,
- Excellent organisational/time management skills,
- Proactive approach to work,
- Commitment to continual improvement at a personal and company level,
- Excellent understanding of complex construction procedures
If you are interested in this fantastic new role, please send an updated CV to Graham Ventham