MKC Training offers a unique opportunity for Curriculum Manager in Civil Engineering at a prestigious training facility in Chatham, Kent. £63K-£65K + excellent benefits, continuous professional development and career prospects. 37 hours per week (8-4.30), permanent.
About MKC Training:
MKC Training is an expert in the design and delivery of innovative teaching, learning, assessment and training design for the defence construction and engineering sectors. Supporting employers, training providers and awarding organisations to provide a stimulating environment to help individuals and organisations achieve their goals. They have a long and very successful partnership contract based at the Royal School of Military Engineering, Brompton Barracks.
MKC Training provides an important training capability to the army and the UK that has allowed them to:
- Design and manage the build of Camp Bastion in Afghanistan from a desert, to a 26km2 base able to accommodate 28,000 personnel as well as a significant airport
- Design and manage the build of the Nightingale hospitals to provide resilience to the NHS infrastructure during the COVID pandemic. The London Nightingale was built, able to accommodate 4,000 beds within 10 days
- Provide resilience for the UK by working with the Environmental Agency to support the Civil authorities in reaction to national flooding events
About the role:
In addition to teaching delivery to MSc Level, the Civil Engineering Curriculum Manager will provide strategic and operational management of the department, supporting and assisting the Divisional Manager through:
- Effective coordination and management of designated teaching staff on both the Postgraduate and Undergraduate programme deliveries for this discipline.
- Assisting with the development, maintenance, and improvement of applicable courses / programmes and projects within the department.
- Ensuring that the highest standards of quality and efficiency in both our Postgraduate (MSc Military Construction Engineering (Civil)) and Undergraduate (BEng (Hons) Civil Engineering) programmes are always maintained.
- Ensuring that the curriculum area is effectively resourced, within agreed budgetary limits, and meets or exceeds target pass rates and high satisfactory survey results for both students undertaking training and the military officers overseeing work at MKC Training Services.
Curriculum Manager Candidate essentials:
- At least an MSc (or equivalent professional practice) in a relevant subject.
- Level 7 teaching qualification.
- Fellow (or above) of Advance HE (or equivalent) (or willing to apply within an agreed timescale).
Essential experience and knowledge.
- Record of achievement across higher education teaching, research and/or professional practice in a relevant subject area.
- Experience of leading education or subject level projects and initiatives in a higher education setting, such as the development and improvement of programmes, curriculum, and services.
- Experience of working in a team and managing a team, with an understanding of the need to be flexible and adaptable, and the ability to respond swiftly to opportunities in partnership with colleagues to achieve common goals.
- Ability to work with the military chain of command to manage and support the development of their Military ethos.
- Ability to motivate and encourage students from diverse backgrounds.
- Working knowledge of quality assurance/ enhancement and academic standards.
- Knowledge & experience of e-learning and e-assessment tools.
- Experience using a range of IT and Microsoft packages.
- Knowledge of relevant safeguarding legislation & requirements or acquire this knowledge promptly after taking up post.
- Ability to promote safeguarding and welfare of children, young people, and vulnerable adults that they may be responsible for or meet.
- Well-developed organisational and management skills.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to motivate and influence others.
- Personal drive.
All post holders will be expected to complete and pass the following courses if they have not previously attended these courses:
- Attend and pass an Army Staff Leadership School (ASLS) course.
- Attend and pass a Defence Instructional Techniques course.
- Expected to gain and retain Cranfield University Recognised Teacher Status.
- Relevant chartered membership of a UK professional engineering institution.
- Experience in mentoring and developing engineers.
- An in-depth understanding of research / innovation and scholarly activity.
- Experience of engaging in pedagogic and practitioner research.
- Experience of industrial and academic partnering.
- Experience of working with high-reliability organisations.
MKC Training is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce.
Their core values are;
- Commitment to learner success
- Investment in People
- Collaboration through partnership to achieve shared goals
- Innovation to prepare for tomorrow
Armed Forces Covenant - We will offer guaranteed interviews to military veterans, young and old, if they meet the selection criteria.
A competitive salary, excellent benefits to include: 6 weeks holidays (plus bank hols), contributory pension, private healthcare, on-site gym / sports equipment, sick pay, cycle to work and on-going professional development.
All posts are subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service application. MKC Training follows the DBS Code of Practice.