Your New role
To undertake the evaluation of potential Designated Funds improvement schemes and support the Senior Engineers to develop deliverable options, while assuring adherence to defined policies and standards; the role may be required to work unsociable hours.
This role will be based from one of our Maidstone, Guildford or Basingstoke offices.
You will be required to drive as part of your role and you will need to have a full clean driving license to be considered for this position and during employment.
What you’ll be leading on
- To ensure the health and safety needs and wellbeing of customers and employees are fully considered and accounted for throughout the planning and delivery of each service activity.
- Undertake the identification and evaluation of improvement schemes to develop early solutions, in line with agreed methodologies and prioritisation criteria, including the compiling of relevant documents, evidence and options for value management, considering new techniques, materials, buildability, and costs.
- Monitor the delivery of agreed early solutions and plans, liaising with the relevant teams to identify and/or rectify issues, ensuring that relevant reports and documentation are captured and maintained in the relevant systems, in line with agreed standards and timescales.
- Identify, prepare briefs and manage delivery of survey works that support the development of Designated Funds improvement schemes, developing the technical briefs provided to the supply chain, undertaking high level liaison with consultants and contractors of various disciplines to monitor their progress and actions.
- Provide technical support to Project Managers by assisting with materials approvals, vetting of contractors’ compliance, inspection support on site, reviewing of Health and Safety Files and undertaking reviews of third-party designs for compliance to standards, design briefs and Design for Maintenance Requirements.
- Assists with developing the Region’s Designated Funds forward programme and initial scheme development, whilst delivering customer centric designs and technical specifications.
To be successful
- Degree or HND in relevant discipline, or equivalent
- Knowledge of Design Manual for Roads and Bridges (DMRB) standards and their application on the highways network
- Experience in highway infrastructure design
- Experience in highway construction and delivery methods
- Good knowledge of CDM 2015
A bit about us
Making sure our customers have safe and reliable journeys is at the heart of everything we do in Operations. We keep the roads open for business and play a key role in making sure the network we manage is fit for purpose today and for the future.
Want to know more?
For a copy of the Job Description please contact firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference #4117