Your New Role
National Highways have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Technology Engineer to join our team in the Midlands. As Senior Engineer, you will drive and coordinate the activities and resources involved in the identification of asset needs and development of early solutions for the asset class in scope, while assuring adherence to defined asset policies and standards.
This role can be based from our Birmingham or Nottingham office.
You will be required to drive as part of your role and you will need to have a full clean driving licence to be considered for this position and during your employment.
What you’ll be leading on
- To ensure the health and safety needs and wellbeing of customers and employees are fully considered and accounted for throughout the planning and delivery of each service activity.
- To drive and coordinate the activities and resources involved in the identification and evaluation of asset data and needs in order to develop early solutions, in line with agreed methodologies and prioritisation criteria.
- To lead the development of early solutions for improvements and/or renewals, including the compiling and checking of relevant documents, evidence and options for value management, taking into account new techniques, materials, buildability, and costs.
- To monitor the delivery of agreed early solutions and plans, liaising with the relevant teams to identify and/or rectify issues.
- To ensure that asset data and condition information is captured and maintained in the relevant database(s), in line with agreed standards and timescales.
To be successful you’ll need
- A Chartered or Incorporated Engineer and member of a relevant professional Body with appropriate experience
- Degree or HND in relevant discipline and appropriate experience, or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of asset condition assessment and degradation modelling
- Knowledge of Design Manual for Roads and Bridges (DMRB) standards and their application on the highways network
- Understanding of the Value Management process or cost benefit analysis of schemes
A bit about us
Making sure our customers have safe and reliable journeys is at the heart of everything we do in Operations. We keep the roads open for business and play a key role in making sure the network we manage is fit for purpose today and for the future.
Want to know more?
To request a copy of the role profile, please contact email@example.com quoting reference number #3666