SENIOr/CHARTERED tunnel ENGINEER
£60,000 - £75,000 per annum + plus benefits (Permanent)
We are working with a leading engineering consultancy to find a top-class tunnel design engineer for their London office. You will have the chance to join a rapidly expanding company with a fantastic track record for working conditions and staff retention. You will reach your potential and more with the excellent training on offer and you will be fully supported on your journey to chartership, whilst working in one of London's most prestige office locations on state-of-the-art tunnel design engineering projects.
The ideal tunnel design engineer candidate will be situated in or near London, possess a geotechnical background and come fully loaded with a top civil engineering degree and previous UK experience. If this sounds like you and you are looking for the next step forward in your tunnel design engineer career, we would love to hear from you!
What is on offer for you as a Senior Tunnel Engineer:
- Leading the Tunnelling team for major rail, highway, maritime, energy, water projects.
- Leading the Tunnelling team for strategic bids.
- Developing your own network of business contacts to contribute to the growth of the Tunnelling disciplines.
- Integrating the team to our technical discipline and market leads.
- Mentoring of early career team members.
- Managing, motivating, mentoring, and developing professional staff.
- Developing and then overseeing initiatives
What you will offer as the new Senior Tunnel Engineer:
- Experience in one or more of the following sectors: highways, rail, energy.
- A strong academic background with a relevant degree (ideally MSc or equivalent).
- Chartered status in civil or structural engineering (is a requirement).
- Excellent interpersonal and technical skills and the ability to develop and lead tunnelling design teams.
- Proven experience in a fast-moving engineering consultancy environment.
- Project management - experience and understanding of the needs and approaches to the engineering consultancy and design markets, including relationships with clients, work planning and commercial management.
- Proven tunnelling design experience.
- Application of CDM Regulations.
- Excellent communication skills and confidence to liaise with Clients.
- Good commercial track record in negotiating and running successful jobs.
- Excellent report writing skills with the ability to self-check and produce accurate work.
- A willingness to travel on short assignments both within the UK and overseas.
For more information on this fantastic opportunity then speak to Andrew Sparks at Conrad Consulting or call on 02038542961