Our client has an excellent opportunity for a Chartered Structural Engineer to join a successful, well established Civil and Structural Design Consultancy based in Plymouth.
You will join a busy and young team in working on a variety of structural engineering projects including retail, housing, leisure and commercial builds, within a friendly team.
They are offering a competitive starting salary including Pension and clear career progression that has no ceiling.
You will be chartered IStructE / ICE and will be responsible for the preparation, issue and management of technical project information, including calculations and drawing information, in accordance with the standard requirements of the Company.
- Demonstrable track record in the delivery of projects for clients, or the ability to demonstrate significant contribution towards project delivery
- Must be Chartered with the IStructE or ICE
- Ability to deliver design solutions, lead teams and successfully manage projects
- A highly motivated individual with excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of construction contracts and high commercial awareness
- Take responsibility for leading structural engineering projects.
- Engage with clients to define requirements, present proposals, discuss project progress and undertake presentation of project results.
- Contribute to business development.
- Effectively control commercial, managerial and technical aspects of projects or parts thereof for which you are responsible.
- Undertake, or lead a team of engineers and technicians in undertaking, technically challenging projects without supervision within prescribed programme and cost constraints.
- Co-ordinate project delivery with internal and external clients.
- Undertake structural engineering projects, by performing analyses and calculations as appropriate, along with preparing design reports for client submission without supervision.
- Supervise work undertaken by others, ensuring that it is carried out to the appropriate technical standard and that it is managed to programme and budget.
- Have a desire to learn new skills and the ability to consider the wider engineering issues related to the analyses being undertaken.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your up-to-date CV to Graham Ventham to be considered.