Are you an experienced Senior Infrastructure Engineer who is looking for a step up and a new challenge? Would you value the opportunity to grow and develop a team? If so, we have the perfect role for you!
Our client is an international consultancy who offer a range of services including civil & structural engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. They currently have a vacancy for a Senior Infrastructure Engineer to join the civil engineering team in their Central London office on a full-time permanent basis to assist with the delivery of a range of projects.
Their civils team work primarily within Data Centre/ Mission Critical Environments and this role will require both technical input and managerial duties which require development of the existing team and leading projects. The successful candidate will therefore be competent in the production of technical reports, site appraisals, master plans and planning related matters, with a good working knowledge of civils software with the desire and ability to monitor and support staff within their team.
- Monitor resource relative to each project monthly allowable fee expenditure, defining monthly Civil 3D/CAD requirements and two-weekly engineering workload forecasts. Carry out engineering concept design to detailed design, tender and contract on site supervision, to completion, ensuring projects are undertaken in accordance with design briefs and that completion deadlines are achieved, via frequent design reviews with engineers.
- Ensure all design projects and reports within the group are technically compliant, to a consistent quality and standard. Maintain regular 'in house' design reviews and checks.
- Client and design team liaison, assisting in the preparation of fee proposals, financial control of projects when acting as a project manager and undertaking business development.
- You will be responsible for ensuring your projects are delivered to budget, programme and technical standards and meet QA, CDM and HSE requirements.
- Define, control and monitor design and construction costs on behalf of the Client.
- Confident and experienced in providing multi-disciplinary design services to Clients.
- Monitor contract staff or third-party appointments.
- Maintain excellent client relationships and contacts to achieve high levels of satisfaction and repeat business. Manage client's expectations and promote a team approach.
- Develop new business opportunities where appropriate and participate with company presentations.
- Motivate yourself and manage staff within group to build coherent high performing teams. Set objectives, monitor performance, coach and develop staff to optimise their potential.
- Monitor and control project progress, design variations and project financial budgets.
- A degree in Civil Engineering,
- A Chartered Civil Engineer,
- Experience of monitoring contract staff or third party appointments would be desirable.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Extensive experience, especially in designing and managing projects, ideally 5-10 years' industry experience.
- Experience of monitoring contract staff or third-party appointments would be desirable.
- Able to undertake computer modelling, organise and direct the production of Civils 3D and CAD/Revit drawings and correspond effectively with opposite numbers with other disciplines.
- Skills in project managing on-going jobs with limited supervision are desirable.
- Good knowledge and use of appropriate project and design analysis software.
- Personable and a 'can do' attitude with resource management experience.
The successful Senior Infrastructure Engineer will be rewarded with a competitive salary & benefits package, a friendly working environment as part of a close-knit team.
For further information please send an updated CV to Graham Ventham or call him on 01728 726120.