Do you consider yourself to be a talented and ambitious engineer with aspirations to join one of the UK's leading consultancies? If so, then we would like to hear from you.
Our client has an excellent reputation for delivering projects and is in the enviable position of having a healthy orderbook. As a result, they are looking to bring an experienced Senior Structural Engineer into their Central London office on a full time permanent basis to build on current successes and support the ongoing and increasing workload of the current team.
The successful candidate will work collaboratively with the team to create structural designs and analyse building structures and will play a key role in the successful delivery of projects across their lifecycles, from inception to hand-over and beyond.
- Delivering detailed, innovative and creative designs, drawings, specifications and design guidance notes using 3D software packages,
- Crafting high quality written reports for internal and external audiences, always keeping an eye on deadlines and accuracy,
- Working across boundaries as part of a fully integrated multidisciplinary team, presenting ideas and designs,
- Ensuring health and safety and sustainability considerations are central to everything you do,
- Liaising with architects, clients and the wider design team to create efficient and integrated structural solutions.
- Supporting junior members of the team through the supervision of design staff, where you'll provide learning input and verify their design calculations, drawings and specifications.
- A degree in civil or structural engineering,
- A Chartered Engineer or working towards Chartership,
- Able to take an innovative and creative approach to structural design and always eager to explore new techniques and ideas,
- A great understanding of the CDM Regulations and designer's responsibilities and are able to show experience of working with British Standards,
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to deliver complex and technical information to engineers and non-engineers alike,
- Exceptional planning, organisational and time management skills, with the capability to balance tasks and prioritise to meet tight deadlines.
On offer for the Senior Structural Engineer:
- Competitive salary and benefits package with annual salary reviews,
- 26 days holiday per year, rising to 31 days with loyalty days, plus bank holidays,
- Hybrid working arrangements,
- Fantastic training and development culture,
- Access to mentoring support from industry experts,
- Opportunity to play a key role in exciting and varied projects,
- ICE Training Agreement,
- Opportunity to be client facing and the chance to get involved with business development and marketing activities,
- Fast-tracked career progression for the right candidates.
For more details and an opportunity to be considered for this excellent role please send an updated CV to Graham Ventham or call him on 01728 726120.