We are working with an award-winning independent multidisciplinary consultancy with an excellent reputation for providing a high-quality & client-focused service. They currently have an opening for a talented BIM Technician to join their skilled team on a full time, permanent basis. This opening is in their Reading office however, our client has multiple offices throughout the UK.
The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, flexible and structured in their approach to work within documented processes and to specific standards, and able to deliver to time, quality and budget. BIM Technicians who can demonstrate passion, enthusiasm and a desire to succeed and excel in the workplace will be at a distinct advantage for this role.
- Production of Level 2 BIM models and drawings as instructed by BIM Modelling / Data Capture Manager,
- Support upkeep of facility "AS Built/Record" models / drawings,
- Liaise with customer to confirm requirements,
- Understanding of Managed Services procedures and processes,
- Application of configuration control processes,
- Delivery to set budgets and timescales,
- Adequate exploration of appropriate and most efficient technical solutions to meet client requirements,
- Ensure robust application of estimating methodology with regard to Service Level Indicators,
- Provide BIM models and drawings to support the Built Environment disciplines,
- Self-check completed drawings and models produced in-house and by contractors for accuracy and compliance to standards.
- Understanding of working in a Common Data Environment (CDE).
- Experience of producing BIM level 2 Models & families.
- Certification in use of Revit by Autodesk approved trainer an advantage.
- Extensive experience in using Revit on Architectural/MEP projects (examples of work an advantage at interview).
- Experience of manipulating Laser Scanned Point cloud data.
- Experience of managing and controlling BIM data and related areas.
On offer for the BIM Technician:
- Competitive salary,
- Company car or cash allowance,
- Up to 6% matched contributory pension plan,
- Life assurance scheme,
- 25 days annual leave plus ability to buy additional leave,
- Discount scheme (including gym membership, mobile phones etc),
- Agile working,
- Professional development.
If you would like to apply for this vacancy, please forward an up to date CV to Graham Ventham.