TECHNICAL DIRECTOR (highways)
£75,000 - £85,000 per annum + plus benefits (Permanent)
Are you a talented and motivated Highways & Drainage Technical Director who has the desire to lead a busy Highways & Drainage team covering both their Manchester and Leeds offices?
Can you bring passion and visible leadership to the team and set a clear strategy to deliver profitable, organic growth?
Due to an expanding workload, our clients' Infrastructure & Environment team is currently recruiting for a Technical Director to undertake a pivotal role in leading an established team in delivering highways and infrastructure schemes in both the public and private sectors and will include regeneration schemes, LA frameworks, National Highways projects, infrastructure developments and a variety of projects for private developers.
Based out of their Manchester office, this is a key position, offering an exciting opportunity for the right candidates to demonstrate and develop their project and team management skills on a diverse range of projects.
This role also represents a great opportunity for someone with extensive experience, who is looking for a new challenge, to join a supportive business with a real focus on client delivery.
There will be a focus for the Technical Director to oversee the development and delivery of projects within the Northwest and Yorkshire, including the management of the existing client base, whilst also being able to grow the department by building external relationships, formulating tenders, and winning work, so if you like business development and have had previous successes, this is the role for you!
- Incorporated or Chartered Engineer
- Proven multi-disciplinary project and team management skills.
- Proven ability to generate new leads and business development.
- Proven experience in Client management and creation.
- Ability to carry out, review and check technical agreements including S278 and S38 agreements.
- Experience in liaison with clients, local authorities, statutory bodies and other third parties, including external design team members.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to prepare reports on technical matters.
- Experience of working within project teams and supervising team members.
- Ability to work to deadlines, within budget and to programme.
- leading projects and acting as technical discipline lead for larger projects.
- Support the Regional Directors in the day-to-day management of the office.
- Mentoring and encouraging junior staff.
For more information on this fantastic opportunity then speak to Andrew Sparks at Conrad Consulting email Or call 02038542961