Our client is looking for an ambitious Senior Structural Engineer to join their talented team based in London. This is an excellent opportunity for a talented Structural Engineer to work on the design of some of the most exciting structural design projects in the UK and internationally. They have a hybrid working set-up so you will be able to work both from home and office.
You will work across a variety of sectors and will have the opportunity over time to assume greater levels of responsibility and autonomy as your professional skills develop, and as you work and are supported towards Chartership.
Skills and Requirements:
- Having already been accredited with at MEng degree level (or equivalent) to enable Chartership with IStructE or ICE, you will have gained strong practical experience of structural engineering within a consultancy environment
- a competent level of relevant IT skills including structural design software and ideally Rhino + Grasshopper.
- You have proven ability to produce creative design solutions in multiple materials, including steel, reinforced concrete and masonry, and crucially - have a passion for creative and intuitive design.
- Programming/Scripting skills in Python/ C#/ VBA or similar would be very beneficial to your role and projects you will be working on.
- Given the collaborative and client focussed nature of this role, excellent communication skills and experience of using your initiative to overcome challenges are essential.
- Produce engineering designs, calculations and specifications, using appropriate software
- Supervise the production of technical drawings and check output
- Prepare technical reports in accordance with clients' briefs
- Attend and participate in (internal and external) project meetings
- Undertake site visits to monitor the progress of works against Company specification, and highlight issues to the contractor, client and/or (internal or external) project manager as necessary
- Co-ordinate input from other disciplines and specialisms as required
- Where appropriate, represent the company as lead engineer at client / project meetings
- Correspond with external third parties (eg clients, contractors, architects and/or manufacturers) regarding information and technical queries
- Delegate work to Technicians and/or Graduate Engineers as required, and provide feedback on completed work
- Maintain awareness of the performance of projects against agreed project plans and budgets, at a level appropriate to role
- Comply with project management, Operational (QA), Environmental and Health and Safety procedures
- Proactively manage own continuing professional development (including, where appropriate, actively pursuing Chartership with an appropriate professional institution).
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your up-to-date CV to Graham Ventham to be considered.