Our client is looking for a talented and high-quality Principal Engineer to strengthen the delivery teams in their London office. They are looking for an engineer who can lead projects through their complete life cycle, from tender production to scheme and detailed design. You will have a broad range of skills and experience designing and assessing various types of structure in a range of construction materials and therefore a strong technical background.
The role requires a person who can plan and lead projects both technically and commercially, be a focal point for client contact and be able to apply consistently sound judgement.
- Marine structures including jetties, quays, wharves, cofferdams, linkspans etc.
- Marine assets such as scour protection, outfalls, bulkheads etc.
- Temporary Works structures including cofferdams, working platforms, pile gates etc.
- Retaining structures
- Over, under and footbridges
- Culverts and crossings
- Earth structures
You will be able to lead senior and less experienced engineers and manage internal resources for delivery.
- 1st or upper 2nd B Eng/M Eng (Hons) degree expected from a top UK University or equivalent high quality technical training
- Chartered Civil or Structural Engineer
- Demonstrable success in the execution of marine related projects in the UK
- Strong knowledge of CDM regulations
- Familiarity with Quality Management and Quality Management Systems
- The ability to identify, develop and present civil engineering solutions
- A good understanding of geotechnical engineering and soil mechanics
- Desire to drive projects forward and take the initiative where necessary
- Ability to lead projects, manage workloads and lead teams
- Ability to produce fee proposals, monitor project progress and spend
- Ability to liaise with clients directly and attend design progress meetings
- Ability to work independently and see tasks through to completion with minimal input
- Ability to function well within a team environment
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your up-to-date CV to Graham Ventham to be considered.