Our client has an amazing opportunity currently available in their Hemel Hempstead office, to join a talented group of professionals in their Structural Team.
You will have the chance to work on a range of projects, refurb, new build and inspections; giving a high level of interaction with colleagues and clients, and support to develop your own contacts.
- As Structural engineer, you will undertake the detailed Civil and Structural Engineering design for a variety of commercial building projects, of both new build and renovation/alteration projects, reporting to senior technical staff.
- You will be involved in undertaking detailed design checking of calculations and designs produced by other engineers
- You will project manage your own elements of work or small projects, under the supervision of senior technical staff.
- Design using all common structural materials including steel, concrete, masonry and timber.
- Use of design software packages including:
- Tekla TEDDS
- Tekla Structural Designer
- AutoCAD LT
- Attendance at Design Team and Client meetings
- Visits to site for inspections and surveys
- BEng or MEng in civil and/or structural engineering (MEng or BEng MSc or equivalent preferred)
- 2 to 4 years post graduation experience in civil ad structural engineering.
- Working towards becoming a Chartered Engineer with ICE or IStructE
- Vacation or work experience in civil/structural engineering an advantage, but not necessary
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Prepared to work as part of a team or as an individual
- Candidates must be willing to spend time on site and occasional stays away from home.
- Full UK driving licence.
Salary and benefits:
- £ Commensurate with experience
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays and private health care
- Our client has access to an ICE approved training scheme, and staff are supported to achieve professional qualification with ICE or IStructE.
- Flexible working
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your up-to-date CV to Graham Ventham to be considered.