Are you an ambitious Structural Engineer who is currently considering a new opportunity? Would you like the chance to join a dynamic and growing consultancy?
Due to continued growth, my client, a leading practice based in Essex are seeking a talented Structural Engineer with a minimum of 2 years' post graduate experience to join the busy structures team in their Chelmsford office on a full time permanent basis.
- Responsible for structural engineering design development and the preparation of structural engineering documents,
- Solve problems in connection with structural engineering segments of large projects,
- Provide full structural design calculations for building regulation submission and answer any queries that may arise,
- Deal with necessary authorities to progress the project,
- Communicate details of design to draughting team and check output prior to formal issue,
- Utilise engineering analysis software to carry out design of structural elements,
- Carry out basic checks by hand on scheme designs as well as check more complex computed design,
- Communicate by phone and email and attend meetings with members of the design team both internally and externally with other professional disciplines,
- Visit sites, carry out site investigations, attend site meetings and check progress of work on site,
- Respond to queries from other professionals,
- Prepare reports and specifications for projects,
- Develop designs from structural engineering design concept designs for medium and large projects.
- A masters' degree in Civil or Structural Engineering (minimum 2:1),
- Keen to gain Chartership,
- Between 2-3 years' post graduate experience,
- Experience in both new build design & working with common building materials including masonry, concrete and steel,
- Knowledge of SCIA, Masterseries, CADS would be beneficial.
- A sound understanding of engineering principles and a keen interest in sustainability.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills,
- Excellent technical and numerical skills,
- Must be self-motivating with the ability to organise and prioritise workload,
- Must be capable of working under own direction whilst remaining a team player at all times,
- Should be a clear thinker and capable of making considered judgements.
The successful Structural Engineer will be rewarded with a competitive salary & benefits package and a friendly working environment. An added benefit of this role is that our client encourages an agile working approach with the opportunity for both flexible and remote working to suit individual needs.
If you are keen to be considered for this vacancy, please forward an up to date CV to Graham Ventham for more details.