Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions for ICE Recruit 1. Acceptance of terms Welcome to ICE Recruit, the official job site from the Institution of Civil Engineers Group ("ICE"), managed by Thomas Telford Ltd. ('TTL, Company No. 02556636), a wholly owned subsidiary of ICE. ICE Recruit provides its service to you, subject to the following terms and conditions, which may be updated by us from time to time without notice to you. Your acceptance of these terms by checking the appropriate acceptance box is your acceptance of all of these terms and conditions, and an email will be sent to you with a copy of these terms following your acceptance. Any variation to these terms will take place from the date you next access this website and accept the terms as so varied.
2. Description of service ICE Recruit provides candidates and employers with access to a rich collection of recruitment resources, including the facility to create and upload CVs, search and apply for jobs, post vacancies, manage applications and register for email alerts. You are responsible for obtaining access to the ICE Recruit site, and that access may involve third party fees (such as Internet service provider or airtime charges). You are responsible for those fees, including those fees associated with the display or delivery of advertisements. In addition, you must provide and are responsible for all equipment necessary to access the ICE Recruit site.
3. Your registration obligations In consideration of your use of the Service, you agree to: (a) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the ICE Recruit registration forms, (b) maintain and promptly update the registration data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete, and (c) allow ICE Recruit to use the information you provide to icerecruit.com for the purpose of finding work for you and to enable us to comply with the Regulations (see section 8), and you agree that we may submit that information to any potential hirer unless you notify us otherwise. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or ICE Recruit has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, ICE Recruit has the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the service (or any portion thereof).
Your CV is available to recruitment agencies via our searchable CV database. Please note that all Third Party recruitment agencies have agreed to our Terms and conditions and should they be found to be in breach of the Terms and conditions, they will be prevented from using our services.
Transfer outside the EEA: Personal information comprising your CV may be accessed through the ICE Recruit database by third parties outside the Economic European Area ("EEA"). This could happen for instance if you apply for a vacancy where the employer is based outside the EEA. By registering and using the ICE Recruit Web site, you consent to this transfer.
4. Member account, password and security You will receive a password and account designation upon completing the ICE Recruit registration process. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the password and account, and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password or account.
5. Member conduct All information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages or other materials, whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, are the sole responsibility of the person from which such content originated. This means that you, and not ICE Recruit, are entirely responsible for all content that you upload, post, E-mail, transmit or otherwise make available via the service. You agree to not use the ICE Recruit site to:
upload, post, E-mail, transmit or otherwise make available any content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libellious, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable; upload, post, E-mail, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation; upload, post, E-mail, transmit or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment; interfere with or disrupt the Service or servers or networks connected to the Service, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Service; "stalk" or otherwise harass another; or collect or store personal data about other users. 6. General practices regarding usage and storage ICE Recruit may establish general practices and limits concerning use of the service, including without limitation the maximum number of days that email messages, message board postings or other uploaded content will be retained by the service, the maximum number of email messages that may be sent from or received by an account on the service, the maximum size of any email message that may be sent from or received by an account on the service, the maximum disk space that will be allotted on ICE Recruit's servers on your behalf, and the maximum number of times (and the maximum duration for which) you may access the service in a given period of time. Thomas Telford has no responsibility or liability for the deletion or failure to store any messages and other communications or other content maintained or transmitted by the service. ICE Recruit reserves the right to log off accounts that are inactive for an extended period of time. ICE Recruit also reserves the right to change these general practices and limits at any time, in its sole discretion, with or without notice.
7. Links ICE Recruit may provide, or third parties may provide, links to other World Wide Web sites or resources. ICE Recruit is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such sites or resources.
8. Work types and capacity ICE Recruit's aim is to help you find and/or research work in the areas in which it specialises. That is civil and building design and construction, and the process and safety sectors, to which it principally introduces civil, structural and mechanical engineers, including technician grades. ICE Recruit, in providing this service to you, is an Employment Agency governed by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Business Regulations 2003 (the Regulations"). Should you at any stage wish to take advantage of our dedicated recruitment service please contact ICE Recruit by email at email@example.com. ICE Recruit terms of business may be varied at any time upon notice being given to you either as provided for in these terms or by further communication.
9. Modifications to service ICE Recruit reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the service (or any part thereof) with or without notice.
10. Termination ICE Recruit may terminate your password, account (or any part thereof) or use of the service, and remove and discard any content within the service, if ICE Recruit believes that you have violated or acted inconsistently with the letter or spirit of the terms and conditions of service or if it considers, for any reason, that it is appropriate to do so.
11. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England; any dispute arising out of or in connection with this Licence will be subject to and within the jurisdiction of the courts of England.
12. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL ICE RECRUIT BE LIABLE TO THE PURCHASER OR ANY OTHER PERSON FOR ANY SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY CHARACTER ARISING OUT OF USING THE SERVICE. LOSSES, OR DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF ANY BREACH OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SHALL IN NO CIRCUMSTANCES EXCEED THE FEE PAID BY PURCHASER TO ICE RECRUIT UNDER THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS THE FOREGOING LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES SHALL APPLY REGARDLESS OF THE SUCCESS OR EFFECTIVENESS OF OTHER REMEDIES.
13. ICE Recruit will use commercially reasonable efforts to make the agreed service available to the Purchaser. ICE Recruit will not be liable for any delay, downtime, access time error, transmission error, software or equipment incompatibilities, force majeure or other failure of performance. In the event of any failure to deliver the agreed service, ICE Recruit's sole liability shall be to deliver such agreed service at another time.